After prolonged use of the online store, sooner or later unused images accumulate (removed the product from the catalog, the images are outdated, decided to change the quality, etc.). Search manually throughout the catalog, a very time-consuming process. Therefore, the best solution in this case is the module from our studio.
“NeoSeo Removing Unused Images” will save your strength, nerves and time. The module is very easy to manage, in just a couple of clicks it is possible to check and delete all images in the “image / catalog” directory, as well as in its subdirectories. The module will delete pictures that are no longer needed, including their cached versions.
The module scans in the following directories:
- banner images (table: ‘banner_image’, field: ‘image’);
- category images (table: ‘category’, field: ‘image’);
- download images (table: ‘download’, field: ‘filename’);
- images of brands (table: ‘manufacturer’, field: ‘image’);
- images of options (table: ‘option_value’, field: ‘image’);
- images of the main product images (table: ‘product’, field: ‘image’);
- images of additional images of goods (preview) (table: ‘product_image’, field: ‘image’);
- images of settings (table: ‘setting’, field: ‘value’);
- images of gift certificates (table: ‘voucher_theme’, field: ‘image’);
It is worth emphasizing that the module does not scan images from the “description” of goods, categories and other entities. If you save the “image” for the “description” of goods in the “image / catalog” catalog (as well as in its subdirectories), the module will determine the “saved image” as unused.
Therefore, it is recommended to create a separate directory (for example, image / product_description) and upload images to it for “description".
After successful cleaning of excess images, a message is displayed:
- Ability to scan all images in the image / catalog folder.
- Ability to select a specific directory for cleaning.
- Delete unused images in 2 clicks.